Tuesday, December 20, 2011

my story

lately, i've been thinking about what i really want in life. (now take this with a grain of salt, because if i have learned anything in the last 18 months it is that i have zero control over my life...) i'm discovering that i have been incredibly influenced by what my friends and some of the people who are around me really want in life, and it turns out those things are not what i really want. i thought i wanted a really big family, to have all my children really young so that we could be young with them and so on and so forth. i thought 26 was the ideal age to have a baby, and then that window slowly came to a close. so then i thought, yeah 27! 27 is a good age to have a baby... but now that window is slowly coming to a close... so now i think 28! come on 28! right? but in all reality, that may not be the story God is writing for me. and as i slowly let go of these "ideals" i thought i really wanted, i'm discovering that i'm falling in love with the story the Lord is writing for me. and as i've let go of my expectations, God has not disappointed me. He knows and promises me he will give me exactly what i need. so why do i fight it so hard?

its so easy to compare yourself to those around you. but step back, and really evaluate what is perfect in the story that the Lord is writing for you. at one point in scripture, i think its peter who asks Jesus if a group of men will be going to heaven after Christ promises heaven to peter and john. peter points over to them and says well what about them Jesus? will they be going to heaven too? Christ looks at peter and says, "that is of no concern of yours." you may be looking around you wondering why so-and-so has what you don't and why God has not given it to you yet. but just as Jesus said, that is of no concern of yours! the story he is writing for you is what is perfect for you! and no one else. let him write. and trust him as he accomplishes the good work he began in you.

love this song lately! hope it blesses you :)

2 comments:

  1. Love this! Thanks for sharing what's on your heart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I have been praying you would get here. When you have a child it will be amazing and God does have a plan and it is good!

    ReplyDelete